Harley Davidson has issued a recall affecting motorcycles built between 2008- 20011. The recall is related to anti-lock brakes.
That affected models include-
- Road King
- Road King Police
- Electra Glide Standard Police
- Electra Glide Classic
- Electra Glide Ultra Classic
- Street Glide
- 2008 VROD
- CVO Road King 4
- Night Rod
- CVO Ultra Classic 3
- Night Rod Special
- 2008-2010 Road King Classic
- 2008-2009 Road Glide and Electra Glide Standard
- 2009-2010 V-Rod
- 2009 CVO Ultra Classic and CVO Road Glide 3
- 2009-2011 Night Rod Special and V-Rod Muscle
- 2010 CVO Ultra Classic 5 and CVO Street Glide
- 2010-2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited and Road Glide Custom
- 2011 Road Glide Ultra 103
- Street Glide 103
- Road King Classic 103
- CVO Ultra Classic 6
- CVO Road Glide Ultra
- Road Glide Custom 103
- CVO Street Glide 2
Per the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration), deposits form with the DOT brake fluid if the the two year maintenance brake schedule is not maintained. There have been forty complaints which includes three crashes and two with injuries.
Harley Davidson will flush the brakes and replace the brake fluid with Platinum Label DOT 4 brake fluid at no cost.
The recall is expected to affect 251,000 motorcycles worldwide with approximately 175,000 coming from the United States, with a hefty price tag of almost $30 million. Owners should contact the local Harley Davidson dealer for more information.